About ruby on rails, hackintosh, iphone3g and etc.

Friday, October 10, 2008

New Toys - the iPhone 3G

Gotten my new iPhone 3G prior to the launch in Singapore. There aren't many accessories around in Sim Lim Square. (I got my iPhone 3G from AT&T in US).

What to do next? It is a common question. Of course, you will install iTunes, sync with your contacts, calendars, musics, podcasts, make calls, SMS out. (But no forwarding of SMS). Navigate around defaults app, then log into AppStore, download some apps and bla bla blaa..

What about hardware? How to protect the shiny and glossy of your iPhone? What about the screen? Will it get scratches? So you will go out and buy screen protector and protective case. That's exactly what I do when I got my iPhone 3G. I also got another one from Singtel after it is launched on Aug 22nd. Will elaborate more in next session.

This blog is to bring you to the journey of what to do with your iPhone and its accessories after you have purchased it. I went out to buy SwitchEasy Rebel Capsule black (SGD$49.90), very expensive of a case, used it for 2 days and kept it in the cupboard ever since. Almost scratches my phone, will describe it in my next blog. Only useful thing out of the SwitchEasy Rebel package is the video stand.

Then I ordered InvisibleShield iPhone 3G full body protector (US$24.95 with 1 pcs inside) and then dump it in the dustbin after 1 week of usage. Followed by BodyGuardz iPhone 3G (US$24.95 + US$4.95 postage with 2 pcs inside, so can use on both of my phones) and used that for another week. Mind you that I applied to both of my phones. $$$$ fly away but getting quite professional in the application processes. If you need help on applying the skin, let me know.

Here is my black iPhone 3G 16GB. Still shinny and brand new after 1.5 months of usage. No scratches at all. (Another is iPhone 3G white)


Now I am happy with BestSkinsEver protector (Available at eBay Singapore SGD$14.95) at the back and not quite happy with Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector in the front.


For the back, if you look at the corner properly, there is no buble formed and it sticks nicely. The corners are the most difficult to apply. I have been fighting with these bubbles at the corner for my earlier 2 skin brands. Eventually give up and settle for this one.

Meanwhile, although Power Support Anti-Glare provides smooth surface for finger touch and gliding (like this more than original screen surface, try place SpaceMonkey with this screen on, it is very smooth) and virtually fingerprintless screen but it makes the screen a bit grainy. Not so pleasant to look at and causes the screen to lose a bit of resolution. So to make it more perfect, my search for another screen protector is on again.


No comments: